We try to grill everything – we love the crisp, smoky flavors you can get from any type of grill (charcoal preferred, but gas will do).
Hearts of romaine prepared on the grill is a smoky crisp surprise. Top with shrimp, corn, tomatoes, avocados, and fennel to create a unique and crunchy summer grilled romaine salad. Easy & healthy – the way we like to rock, especially during the summer. Try this salad with some dry rose – we like Quixote Petite Syrah Rose (deep rose-colored wine with notes of raspberry, strawberry and lavender – $20) or Il Rosé Di Casanova La Spinetta (a crisp wine, with notes of strawberry, peach blossom, citrus – $15).
Click HERE to shop for the Serious Foodie products.
Grilled Romaine with New Zealand Shripm
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Serious Foodie Asian Fusion spice blend
- 1/2 pound medium-large shrimp deveined, peeled, heads and tails off
- 1 ear corn husked and silk removed
- 1 bulb fennel sliced vertically through the stem into 3 or 4 thick slices
- 1 avocado peeled, pit removed
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce cleaned, sliced in half lengthwise through the stem end
- 12 cherry tomatoes washed, halved
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro washed, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Serious Foodie Tamarillo Grill Sauce