When you next get an urge for take-out Asian, skip the call and DIY with our healthier, quick crave-worthy indulgence. Here’s our easy New Zealand-style shrimp & veggie stir fry recipe, where you recreate the magic of a great takeout meal right in your very own kitchen. And, you get to control with ingredients.
Start with either our Tamarillo Grill Sauce (click HERE to order), Korean Grill Sauce (click HERE to order), or the Vietnamese Stir Fry Sauce (click HERE to order) as your flavor base. Then, feel free to mix up the protein or vegetables depending on what you have in your fridge. The simple recipe packs a flavor punch that will bring the dish together quickly, no matter what. And that last splash of Tamarillo vinegar (click HERE to order) really makes this dish go from good to great.
Tamarillo – The Undiscovered Super Fruit
How to Use Tamarillo
Healthy Quick Stir Fry with a Splash of Exotic
- 1 pound large, extra large, or jumbo shrimp de-veined, shells removed
- 1 bottle Serious Foodie Lemon/Garlic Korean Grill Sauce and Marinade You can also use the New Zealand tamarillo grill sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil canola, peanut, or safflower works best
- 1 pound broccoli flowerettes if large, cut each in hal
- 1/2 pound baby carrots cut in half
- 3 green scallions, sliced on the bias save about 1/4 of the greens to garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Serious Foodie Tamarillo Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked Soba noodles or brown rice
- After cleaning the shrimp, place in a bowl and add about 1/4 of the Korean Grill Sauce and Marinade, and toss the shrimp to completely coat. Cover, then place back in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (best if overnight).
- Place the oil in a wok or large frying pan, and put on high heat. Stir fry all the vegetables. Remove temporarily. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shrimp to the hot pan, and stir fry until done (about 5 minutes - when the shrimp are evenly pink). Add back the vegetables, and the remaining Korean Grill Sauce. Heat evenly, stir in 2 tablespoons or more of the Tamarillo Vinegar, and remove from heat.
- Place noodles or rice in a bowl, then add the stir fry. Garnish with remaining scallion greens.