These Asian inspired pork tacos will definitely be added to our rotation of easy weekday meals. The fragrant Filipino grill rub adds a lot to the mild flavored pork chops, while the sambal crema is a nice compliment that helps cool the spice level down.
Filipino Rub Grilled Pork Tacos with an Indonesian Sambal Crema
- 2 Chops boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons Serious Foodie Filipino Grill Rub
- 1 cup Fresh carrots julienne sliced
- 1 cup (optional ) fresh daikon julienne sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Serious Foodie Indonesian Sambal
- Kosher sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- (optional ) microgreens
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 lime sliced
Pickle the vegetables
- In a small pot, bring the white vinegar, unseasoned rice vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp of kosher salt to a slight boil.
- Remove the pot from heat once it begins to boil and pour the mixture over the daikon and carrots.
- Allow it to cool to room temp and then place in refrigerator.
- Combine the sour cream, the Serious Foodie Indonesian Sambal and 1/4 tsp of kosher salt in food processor or use a hand blender and blend to a smooth consistency. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Prep Pork Chops
- Pat down the pork chops with a paper towel to dry them. Use 3 tbsp of the Serious Foodie Filipino Grill Rub and massage onto the pork chops to fully coat.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then place in fridge for at least 2 hours, and up to 12 hours.
- Remove pork chops from fridge about 1 hour before grilling to bring to room temperature.
- Before placing on the grill, season chops to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill for approximately four minutes per side. Grilling time will vary depending on the thickness of the pork chop. To ensure that the pork chops retain their juices, allow them to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat up your tortillas according to the package instructions.
- Assemble your tacos on the warm tortillas with the sliced grilled pork, homemade pickles, avocado, crema and tomatoes, top with micro greens.
- Serve with lime quarters. Have fun! Enjoy!