Roasted potatoes tossed with rosemary is a classic combination that everyone seems to love, and here we’re adding a Serious Foodie twist. There are two keys to making this recipe work: (1) roasting the potatoes until they’ve turned golden and crispy on the outside; (2) using the Serious Foodie West African Paradise rub as a seasoning instead of salt and pepper. The main ingredient in this spice rub is called Grains of Paradise, which has hints of lemon and fennel – which goes perfectly with the potatoes and rosemary.
In our test kitchen, we have a hard time getting these potatoes to the table without eating half the batch straight off the baking sheet.
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes with West African Seasoning
- 1.5 pounds small red or yellow potatoes A mixture of each is quite nice
- 1/8 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Serious Foodie West African Rub
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the potatoes in quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and rosemary. Toss the potatoes until well coated
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for about 1 hour, flipping at least twice during cooking to ensure even browning, until the potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Season with the Serious Foodie West African Paradise rub and extra salt (if desired) immediately. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, if you like.