At a recent foodie festival, we had the opportunity to taste a delicious vegetarian taco which featured fresh vegetables and an excellent corn crema sauce – you can check out the original Food & Wine recipe by clicking HERE.
We are republishing the original recipe, while also suggesting that you add a bit more zing to the recipe with one of our Serious Foodie sauces.
Serves: Serves 4
There are a lot of other veggies that will work with recipe – but we really liked the version from the original Food & Wine article. As suggested by Food & Wine, a bit of shredded chicken, pork or beef, or maybe some grilled shrimp, can be added for the carnivores in the group.
maybe some grilled shrimp, can be added for the carnivores in the group.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces creamy feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2-3 ears fresh corn, cooked
- 1 can northern, or garbanzo beans – rinsed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Eight 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 jar Serious Foodie Sauce (suggested: Hatch Chile, Mirasol Mole, or Blood Orange/Aji Panca. Click HERE to purchase)
- Avocado wedges, sliced radishes and cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Working in a large bowl, cut the corn kernels off of the cobs. Add the beans and toss.
- Using the back of a knife, scrape all of the corn milk from the cobs into a medium bowl. Add the yogurt, olive oil, cheese, chopped cilantro and cumin, season with salt and pepper and mix the corn crema until smooth. Add all but ½ cup of the corn crema to the corn and beans, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spoon the corn and beans onto the tortillas and top with avocado, radishes and cilantro sprigs. Add some of the remaining corn crema, and a spoonful of the Serious Foodie sauce.