We like simple – especially if we get delicious and elegant at the same time. The Serious Foodie South Pacific Mango/Aji sauce has the sweet of mango combined with tangy of fresh lime and spicy of two exotic peppers – aji Amarillo and aji crystal, a pepper we first found in Hawaii. The spicy peppers are in balance with all the other flavors, so that the final result is only a hint of heat, with the exotic flavors of the peppers coming through.
While you can use whole chicken or chicken breast, we found that the best way to enjoy this sauce is with chicken thighs.
Grilled Mango Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin removed
- Lime wedges
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz. Serious Foodie Mango/Aji Sauce (click HERE to purchase online).
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Squeeze lime juice over all the chicken, then rub each piece with some olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill or pan sear the chicken over medium heat. When seared on one side, turn over, and spread about 1 tablespoon of Mango Sauce over each piece. Cook until done (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- When served, add another tablespoon of Mango Sauce over each piece. Garnish with lime slices.