We love the tasty flavor of crispy chicken wings, but we avoid deep frying anything. Here we show you how simple it is to make amazing wings using the spicy Serious Foodie Sri Lanka Coconut Lime Hot Sauce (click HERE to find the Serious Foodie sauces), or any sauce you like. You’ll be addited to this recipe, too, because:
- Baked chicken wings are so easy to make
- Uses no flour, and very little oil – so very healthy
- The whole thing comes together in less than 5 minutes
Simply bake them in a 400°F oven for 40 minutes. And if you want them extra-crispy, leave them in a warm oven for 30-60 more minutes.
Wings are an amazingly flavorful part of the chicken. I find that the ratio of juicy meat to crispy skin is just perfect, more so than in any other chicken part. But, if they are in short supply, or if they are too expensive, feel free to substitute chicken legs.
Crispy Spicy Wings with Coconut Lime Sauce
- 5 pounds pounds chicken wings tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- 2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil Preferably safflower oil
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 1 jar Serious Foodie Sri Lanka Coconut Lime Hot Sauce
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Optional: fresh cilantro chopped
- Optional: green scallions sliced on the bias
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Set a wire rack inside each of 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Place the wings in a large bowl; toss with the vegetable oil. Add the salt and pepper, then toss again.
- Add the sauce, and toss to coat evenly. Place wings in a single layer on the wire racks inside the baking sheets, making sure that there is enough space between each wing. Place sheets into the oven, and roast for 50 to 60 minutes until the glaze is glossy and lightly caramelized.
- if you want your wings extra-crispy, leave them in a warm oven (about 200 F) for 30-60 more minutes.
- If you like, add more sauce. Garnish with lime, cilantro and/or green onion. Serve immediately.