This Easy Calabrian Pasta recipe is a bit unique – a one-pot recipe for both cooking the pasta and the sauce. What is so cool about this method (besides one less pot to clean) is that a creamy consistency is created because the starchy pasta water is already part of the dish. Check out our favorite dame of the dinner party, Martha Stewart, who tells you all about using pasta water. While our version is meatless, you can add anything you like for a hearty version.
Easy Calabrian Pasta
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta penne, or any other tube-form pasta, will also work. We like the rigatoni ridge.
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 jar Serious Foodie Calabrian Pepper Relish
- 1 cup Grated Parmigiano For the best results, freshly grate the cheese. Pecorino Romano also works well
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered Optional
- Extra virgin olive oil Optional - but we strongly suggest using a drizzle of EVOO at the end
- 2-3 cups Arugula, washed and dried
- 6 ounces Fresh mozzarella cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- In a 10-inch high-sided saute pan, bring 1 inch of water (about 4 cups) to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and the salt. Cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, about 9 minutes; there should be a little water left in the pan. If it looks dry, add a bit more water.
- While the pasta is still hot, mix in the Calabrian sauce, optional tomatoes, and parmigiano. Toss, then serve over arugula and garnish with the fresh mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil.