The South Pacific Mango/Aji Sauce is a sweet/spicy/tangy combination of tropical flavors that is inspired by the cooking in Hawaii. The sauce uses the unusually fruity flavors of the Aji Amarillo and Aji Crystal peppers (a native Hawaiian variety), which also gives a slight underlying spice to this product, while balanced with flavors of mango, lime, and orange (click HERE to order online).
The Mango/Aji Sauce matches well with pork, chicken, vegetables, and fish – especially meaty swordfish. Here we show a simple and elegant recipe for this sauce which comes together quickly – our philosophy for quick & healthy restaurant quality cooking at home!
Grilled Swordfish with Mango/Aji Sauce
- Swordfish steaks (about 0.4 pound per person)
- Spice rub (optional; try the Serious Foodie West African lemon-pepper rub, or the Asian Fusion rub)
- Salt & white pepper
- Serious Foodie Mango Aji Sauce
- Pat the fish with a clean paper towel. Salt and pepper to taste. Gently pat the steaks to insure that the seasonings adhere to the fish.
- Set the heat of the grill to medium/medium high. Grill the swordfish steaks (about 4 minutes per side, depending on heat and thickness of fish). After one side is done, flip the fish over, and apply the Mango/Aji sauce to fish. Complete grilling, then serve. Do not overcook.
- Add a bit more Mango/Aji sauce to the plate for dipping (you might want to warm the sauce slightly).