This flavorful lamb meatballs are easy to make, and will give you a fun, elegant appetizer or wonderful tapas. The Mediterranean flavor of the Serious Foodie Pomegranate Finishing Sauce adds the perfect complement to an already aromatic dish (click HERE to get the Serious Foodie sauces).
Lamb Meatballs with Pomegranate Finishing Sauce
Serves: Serves 6 to 8
Our recipe calls for baking these lamb meatballs. You can also substitute ground beef, turkey, or chicken. If you want a more crispy texture, then pan fry the meatballs.
- 1/2 cup Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 pounds ground lamb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 10 oz jar Serious Foodie Pomegranate Finishing Sauce
- Sauteed peppers and onions
- Mixed greens or arugula
- Feta cheese
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; oil lightly.
- Combine Panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, beaten egg, and milk in a small bowl, and stir together until combined.
- [url href=”http://188.8.131.52/~shop0179/forkndine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-11-13-08.26.29-300×169.jpg”][img src=”http://184.108.40.206/~shop0179/forkndine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-11-13-08.26.29-300×169.jpg” width=”300″ height=”169″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”2015-11-13 08.26.29″][/url]
- Fold the ground lamb into the bread crumb mixture until combined – do not over-mix.
- Form lamb mixture into 2-inch meatballs using a small ice cream scooper, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- [url href=”http://220.127.116.11/~shop0179/forkndine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-11-13-08.38.48-e1447615660431-300×169.jpg”][img src=”http://18.104.22.168/~shop0179/forkndine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-11-13-08.38.48-e1447615660431-300×169.jpg” width=”300″ height=”169″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”2015-11-13 08.38.48″][/url]
- Cook meatballs in the preheated oven until they are fully cooked and browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine meatballs and the pomegranate sauce. Serve with sauteed peppers and onion, dressed greens, and feta cheese.