Try out this slightly exotic, slightly sweet, slightly spicy, delicious Asian Lychee Martini – and be wowed with the results of this change of attitude martini.
Even though we are staying away from crowds & friends, we are still experimenting with recipes and looking for creativity among the our various food blog friends that we can send along to you.
One way that we beat the monotony is searching the Serious Foodie pantry for odds and ends that can inspire us for new recipes. We found a can of lychee nuts, had a bunch of Thai bird chilies that needed to be used up, and some nice cilantro. And it was nearing happy hour – so we came up with with wonderful cocktail that has a hint of sweetness and heat. Have fun! And let us know if you come up with some cool ideas – we’d be happy to post them.
Asian Lychee Martini
- 6 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces lychee juice from the can
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 lychee
- 2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger large chunks
- 1 Thai bird chili or any hot pepper - a slice of jalapeno would do
- Place all ingredients in cocktail shaker and muddle the ingredients together. Fill shaker with ice, and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with any or all the ingredients - lime, lychee nut, chili, cilantro sprig