One of very first blog posts was our version of the super-rich mashed potatoes that was the signature dish of Chef Robuchon, where the potatoes are like pudding (see the original recipe HERE). We’re posting a new version that’s lower carb, keto friendly – but still packs in a lot of flavor. Use these wonderfully creamy veggies as a substitute for mashed potatoes, or as a main course for a veggie-centric meal.4
Mashed Cauliflower - Oh So Delicious Substitute for Mashed Potatoes
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut up into florets
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10-15 pound unsalted high quality butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Heat your oven to 425 F. Place the cauliflower, garlic, and onion into a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring 2-3 times.
- While the veggies are still hot, place in a blender or food processor. While the blender is on, begin to drizzle in the milk, and process until smooth.
- Begin adding the butter, little by little while pulsing the food process or running the blender on low - blend until the butter is incorporated.
- If you want to get crazy creamy smooth texture, then pass the puree through a fine mesh sieve. It takes patience, but the result is worth it.