Acorn Squash with Mango Butter
Easy, simple, and elegant roasted squash - use as a vegetarian main dish (vegan, if you substitute faux butter for the real thing) or just a great winter time side dish.
- 1 Acorn squash About 1 to 1.5 pounds. Cut into rounds or half rounds
- 5 tablespoons Salted butter, or vegan butter Cut into 1-tablespoon pieces, keep 1 tablespoon chilled
- Kosher sea salt To taste
- 1 jar Serious Foodie South Pacific Sauce Mango/Aji Amarillo based sauce
- 1/3 cup Salted roasted pistachios Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh flat-leaf parsley Finely chopped
Heat the oven to 475°F with a rack in the middle position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with kitchen parchment. In a small saucepan over medium, melt the butter. Place the squash on the parchment, and brush both sides lightly with the melted butter. Salt to taste.
Place the pan in the over, and roast for about 25 minutes, flipping once after 15 minutes. Remove from oven
Meanwhile, heat the butter to medium. Whisk in 2/3 cup of the Serious Foodie South Pacific sauce to the melted butter. While whisking, cook until reduced by about one half - about 5 minutes. Taste, and season if necessary. Take off the heat. Right before serving, whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon of chilled butter, then the chopped parsley.
Drizzle the sauce over the squash, and add the chopped pistachios.