Grilled Fruit with Kentucky Bourbon Rub
We suggested peaches, plums, and nectarines - especially if this is your first time - but try almost anything that won't fall through the grill grates.
- 4 Medium to large Peaches Any stone fruit works - nectarines, plums, and apricots for example
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Other fruit Pineapple, apple, and pears cut in rounds
- 2 tablespoons Serious Foodie Kentucky Bourbon Rub
- 2 tablespoons Pure maple syrup Optional
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint Optional
Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling, or heat your gas grill to medium high.
If using stone fruit, cut in half and remove the pit. Brush the fruit with melted butter, and place onto the grill, cut side down. Grill for 3-6 minutes, or until you see deep grill marks. Turn over, and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat. If using maple syrup for added sweetness, brush the fruit with syrup. Immediately sprinkle the Kentucky Bourbon rub over each piece of fruit. Serve with optional mint leaves.