One of Thanksgiving guests always asks the question: what is the definition of eternity? It’s two people and a ham. Same can go for turkey leftovers.
When you’re done with having ham sandwiches, try this update recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 oz ham or turkey, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup ham stock (if you boiled the ham), chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 1 roasted red pepper, julienne cut
- 1 egg per person
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Add potatoes and carrots, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, until the potatoes are browned, about 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Add onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ham or turkey, and roasted red pepper to the pan, and heat for about 5 minutes. Add the sherry and stock, and reduce by about one half.
- In the meantime, prepare poached eggs for each plate. Serve a helping of the hash on each plate, and top with a poached egg.