Here we reproduce one of the most popular recipes for the Fig/Orange Serious Foodie Sauce (click HERE to see the Serious Foodie products). This recipe uses a simple modification of Fig/Orange Sauce to provide a perfect – and delicious – marinade.
Orange/Fig Marinated Grilled Chicken
Serves: 4 servings
You can try this recipe with the Serious Foodie Blood Orange/Aji Panca Sauce, or the Pomegranate Sauce – just replace the Fig/Orange Sauce in this recipe. You can also use this marinade as a salad dressing.
- 1 full chicken breast (both halves)
- About ½ cup Spice rub (the Serious Foodie gourmet rubs will be available soon!)
- 1/2 cup of the Serious Foodie Orange & Calimyrna Fig Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Prepare the marinade: Whisk together Orange & Calimyrna Fig Sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and salt.
- While whisking, slowly pour in the oil. Save about 1/4 cup of marinade for dressing some greens.
- Cut the chicken breast into four cutlets (see picture a top of recipe, and our recipe for Pomegranate Glazed Chicken for full details: click [url href=”http://184.108.40.206/~shop0179/forkndine.com/simple-elegant-chicken-with-pomegranate-glaze/http://” target=”_blank”][b]HERE[/b][/url]).
- Place the prepared chicken breast pieces in a bag, and pour in the marinade, and put in the refrigerator, for at least 1 hour, or overnight.[url href=”http://220.127.116.11/~shop0179/forkndine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_2293-300×200.jpg”][img src=”http://18.104.22.168/~shop0179/forkndine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_2293-300×200.jpg” width=”300″ height=”200″ class=”alignnone size-medium” title=”IMG_2293″][/url]
- Prior to grilling, remove from the marinade and pat off excess marinade, and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Grill or saute.
- Right before serving, place about 1 tsp of Orange & Calimyrna Fig Sauce on each piece of the grilled chicken.
- With the remaining marinade, dress about 1 cup of fresh arugula, and serve along side of the chicken.